Thursday, July 8, 2010

Safety City







We have been pretty busy this summer so it has taken me a while to rememeber that I have forgotten to post anything lately. Last Thursday our playgroup decided to check out this place called Safety City. It is just down from our house and is part of a Police Department. They have a kid sized city with buildings, railroad tracks, street signs, and traffic lights. They even have a kid sized Shoneys, Applebee's, and hospital. The idea is for the kids to ride their bikes, scooters, battery powered vehicles, or whatever thorugh the city, but they MUST follow all the traffic rules. This means staying on the right side of the road, following the traffic signals, and watching for fellow riders. Braden is still learning to ride a bike, so I brought his scooter with us for him to ride. I didn't get any pictures of Safety City itself, I will next time, but I did get some pictures of the kids enjoying the playground afterwards. Logan decided he was a "big boy" and that he had to ride the scooter too.

No comments: