Thursday, December 3, 2009

Our First Gingerbread House
























I am pretty sure as a child I had made a gingerbread house or two, but today while Logan took his morning nap Braden and I worked on his first gingerbread house together. Ok, he pretty much licked the icing and ate the candy while I did most of the work, but he did help place some of the candy (that he didn't want to eat . . .yet). As you can see on one of the roof sides there are 3 letters. B: Braden, L: Logan, and M: Momma. This was Braden's idea and for some reason Dad was left out. Sorry Travis!
Braden enjoyed asking me every five seconds if he could lick the icing off the top, side, and walls of the house. I kept trying to explain to him that the icing was like glue. It keeps the house together and all of the candy on it. He looked at me and said in the most serious voice "Momma, you cannot eat glue and this is NOT glue it is icing. So I will eat it." He ate some of it, not all. He was very proud of his work. Next year Logan will have to help us out.

No comments: