Friday, July 29, 2011

The Allen Family Takes Chicago!























We had an opportunity to go to Chicago with Travis this past week. He had some work to do in the Scripps office in downtown Chicago, and since I haven't seen my Aunts, Uncles, & cousins in 9 or 10 years (and no one had met the boys) we tagged along. The trip up wasn't too bad. Nathan slept most of the time and with the dvd player in the van Braden and Logan were happy as well.

Once we hit Indiana we saw TONS of solar windmills along the interstate for miles and miles. It was pretty creepy and Travis and I both agreed it looked like an alien invasion. Braden and Logan thought the windmills were pretty cool too.

When we finally hit Illinois and were nearing Chicago I noticed a sign that I just had to get a picture. One of the boy's favorite shows is Phineas & Ferb on Disney Channel). The cartoon takes place in a town called Danville, not sure if Danville is in Illinois (it's one of those town that there are multiple ones throught various States). Still, I thought it was picture worthy.

We arrived safe and sound in Chicago around 2 or 3 pm. My cousin Becky was nice enough to let us crash with her and her family for the night since we couldn't get into the hotel until the next day. Let me tell you 6 kids ages ranging from 6 to 5 months in one house hold was very entertaining. Everyone had fun and we were all very tired in the morning.




























No comments: