Friday, July 29, 2011

Chicago (Part 3)

































































Friday night in Chicago was a fun and adventurous night. Travis had to work all day and very late into the night, so I was on my own with the 3 boys. My cousin Becky and her husband Dan decided to take the boys and I on a tour of downtown and see some sites. We started the evening with showing off our hotel room. The kids had a blast looking out our huge window and getting a view of the city.


Once we had everyone packed up into their strollers we were off. We headed toward Michigan Ave. to check out the statue of Marilyn Monroe. I think she stands around 28 feet high. She is only in Chicago for a year, so I am really glad that we had the opportunity to check her out. After our visit with Marilyn we headed off to Millenium Park. Here they have some fun things for the kids to do. They had a water area that the kids were able to run around and burn up some energy. The boys loved it! After the water we saw The Bean! This was the highlight of Logan's trip. He had seen a pictire of The Bean on the internet when I was checking out the hotel and what was around. Once we told him we were in Chicago all he wanted to do was "see the Bean". He was trilled to see it and he even got to touch The Bean.


After all the excitement we headed off to dinner at The Corner Bakery. Yes, 3 adults and 6 children had dinner in a restaurant. It was acutally nice and peaceful. I think all the kids were worn out and hungry from running around, so they were too tired to be rowdy at dinner. We had a blast that evening.


Once we said good-bye to Becky, Dan, and the kids it was just the boys and I for the night, because Travis was still working. I was a little dissapointed, but that's why we were there, for him to get some work done. It just happened to storm that night, badly. This was the night that Chicago just happened to have the most rain (7 inches) in one storm that it has had in a long time. I was worried that the storm would wake the boys, or one of them, but I guess everyone was so worn out from the past 2 days of the trip that they slept right through.


I was so tired that I forgot that Travis was not there and left the door completely locked that he could not get into the room when he returned early in the morning. I did not realize anything until the next morning when he was not in the room and I finally had to text him to see where he was. He had bunked with the other guy from Scripps that was here working as well. They had worked late into the night (early morning) and were drenched from the rain. Poor Travis, he was soaking wet and could not get into his hotel room, so he had to sleep on the cough in the other guys room until I woke up and realized what was going on. Sorry!

No comments: